International Financial Accountant
Bracknell or Home Based
Permanent, Full Time (36 hours per week)
Would it inspire you to see the tangible impact of your work on the world? To work for an organisation that is committed to making a positive difference for people globally? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership.
About the Role
Here at the CIOB, we are now looking for an International Financial Accountant to coordinate, process, analyse and report on financial information relating to our International Hubs, facilitating timely and accurate financial reporting for internal and statutory purposes. The role focuses on maintaining reliable, detailed and robust accounting records to ensure accurate integration into the consolidated financial statements.
Reporting to our Financial Controller, you’ll collaborate and build strong relationships with the internal International teams and work closely with the Institute's external stakeholders including Auditors, Banks, Payroll Providers and International Bookkeepers.
We’re looking for someone who is currently working towards a recognised Accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) and who has an excellent understanding of financial statements and accounting good practice. We’d like you to have experience of working with foreign entities and reporting in non-GBP and for you to be able to deliver information clearly and accurately, with strong attention to detail.
We’d also like the International Financial Accountant to be confident and comfortable when it comes to working with internal and external stakeholders and be organised and flexible, able to work to tight timescales. Experience of working in a not-for-profit organisation would be beneficial, however, this is by no means essential.
This is a home-based role, based anywhere within the UK. There will, however, be a requirement for the successful candidate to travel to Head Office in Bracknell on a monthly basis.
Why Work For Us?
We can offer you not only the opportunity to make a real difference with the work you do, but the chance to do that in a friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, where we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role. We also hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to you as an employee.
Last but not least, we’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits which we are really pleased to list below:
- Generous Holiday - Your work/life balance is important and time away from work to rest and recharge is vital to your wellbeing and general happiness, so we are pleased to offer when you start 25 days plus bank holidays, which will then increase with service years all the way up to 29 days! We also tend to close over the Christmas period so you could look to see an extra 3-4 days off each year as well, which is on top of your basic holiday as mentioned above.
- Birthday Day Off - No need to use your base holiday to book your birthday off, we are pleased to add one extra day for you to take on/near your birthday as well.
- Length of service anniversary day off - We want to celebrate length of service at the CIOB, so we offer a day off in the year you achieve each subsequent five-year length of service anniversary (for example 15, 20 or 25 years)
- Pension Contribution and Pension Advice - Alongside your health and wellbeing, we believe strongly that it’s important for all of us to plan for the future, so we are really proud to make a contribution on your behalf via our pension scheme. In addition, we also work with and pay for professional pension advisors to help offer you advice on your pension.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Sometimes we need help and don’t know where to look for it. The service gives you confidential telephone helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Private Medical Insurance - In addition to all that the NHS can offer, our comprehensive medical insurance cover offers access to private medical treatment and facilities; often leading to a quicker diagnosis and treatment.
- Health Cash Plan - This scheme allows you to claim cashback for everyday healthcare needs such as dental check-ups, eye tests, physio treatment and much more up to specific annual limits. This scheme also offers other retail and leisure discounts!
- Life Assurance - we offer a multiple of your Basic Annual Salary, as per your contract.
- Learning and Development - We’ll make sure you are constantly learning and developing with us, whether it be a qualification/training course or simply learning from others at team CIOB- your development is important and we invest a lot of time a money into this!
How Do I Apply?
To read more about the role, you can download our job description on this page.
Please note that we may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.